At RSA we're all about adding value for our customers and stakeholders. Our Financial Reporting and Control Centre of Excellence delivers meaningful, robust & accurate results to our Parent Company and to all areas around the business.
We're looking for a self-motivated qualified accountant with regulatory reporting and / or forecasting experience to lead and co-ordinate our local regulator and Group reporting requirements. The person should be someone who is a great communicator, a team player and always strives to make things better to join
- This job will give the suitable candidate an excellent opportunity to get full visibility on the end to end Insurance regulatory reporting experience, including capital modelling and forecasting.
- The Regulatory Reporting Manager will work closely with the Corporate Reporting, Actuarial and Financial Planning & Analysis teams, and report directly to the Head of Financial Reporting and Control.
What is the role?
- The role includes a wide variety of responsibilities, such as;
- Leading and coordinating the involvement of various SME's throughout the business, including Corporate Reporting, Reserving, Underwriting and Reinsurance, to input and complete regulatory submissions in line with Solvency II requirements and timelines
- Preparing and interpreting accurate and meaningful information for Management, Group and Central Bank to substantiate the Solvency II reporting submissions, and reporting the same to governance Committees, including the Audit Committee
- Completing annual Solvency II reporting processes and submissions to Group and the CBI, including the Company's SFRC and RSR requirements
- Ensuring on-going technical reviews of Solvency II reporting requirements from both Group and the local regulator are complete and reported appropriately to the relevant SME's and governance committees
- Complete annual and ad hoc balance sheet projections and associated capital forecasting for ORSA and Board reporting, including input into stress and scenario testing
- Ensuring an appropriate control and compliance environment, by designing, operating and / or monitoring controls around the Solvency II reporting and forecasting processes
- Contribute to projects and initiatives by identifying and suggesting opportunities to add value through improved process efficiencies and thinking outside the box
- Leading, coaching and motivating the regulatory reporting team member
- Working within and progressing with the strong internal financial control environment
- Well to start with, you'll need to be a driven and motivated team player, someone with a passion for delivering to a high standard and gets it done.
- You'll need lots of initiative, an affinity for problem solving as well as an ability to work to set targets and remain calm under pressure
- You will also be able to organise and prioritise your workload effectively
- Naturally you will be an expert communicator who can relate well to customers and colleagues alike
- The candidate should be a leader, who can engage and influence others
- Finally a high level of enthusiasm, resilience and a good sense of fun will stand you in good stead
Skill / Experience
- Qualified Accountant or similar with 5+years post qualified experience
- Experience in Solvency II reporting, including QRT's and Annual reporting, and forecasting processes
- Experience of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel to an expert level
- Knowledge or interest in how line of business systems operate
- Ability to adher to strict reporting deadlines
- Experience in SAP or another applicable accounting software
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, orientation, disability or any other legally protected status